I skipped a day (Sunday) to let my voice rest.
Physical warmup: Jaw/mouth exercises
(Forgot to do my breathing exercises!)
Training length: 15 minutes
Warming Up: Sirens (D-F#)
- Finally! Sirens!!! Made the most of this first exercise of the day to ease into the singing.
Warming Up: Vvv Zzz Jshh
- Totally wasn’t gentle when I got to Zzz. Must remember to take it easy when warming up. I can’t keep psyching myself out!
Getting Warmer: Smooth Journey (Bb-F#)
- No issues, as far as I remember. I need to remember to just RELAX!
Getting Warmer: Mayonnaise (B-F#)
Extending the Range: Turn Around the Top (Bb-Bb)
- This is another good exercise to practice transitions.
- Bear down, relax, and breathe.
Extending the Range: One Octave Tune (Bb-G)
- I love how gentle this is, and how it actually feels like a Tuned Up exercise.
Mouth Workout: Totally Happily (C-Bb)
- Is this an exercise that I should take easy? Because this is currently my worst exercise, if we don’t count Letters of the Alphabet! Fucking BREATHE!
Tuned Up: 12345 (C-F)
- Yay! Time to go home!
Same things to remember:Breathe, relax, open up, and drop the jaw.
Today, I decided to start singing prospective audition songs. I also threw in songs to sing just for the sake of having something to sing. The songs included “Love, I Hear” (…Forum), “Giants in the Sky” (Into the Woods), and “Impossible” (…Forum). The singing definitely needs practice, but I wasn’t as bad as I feared I would be. I just need to keep singing properly everyday (not just sing idly) to build my endurance again.
I can fucking do this!