I am actually writing this on 7 March, which means I may not remember a lot of the things that went down during my training. I do remember, though, that I decided to lengthen my training a little bit, so…
Training length: 15 minutes
Gentle Start: Mi May Mah Mo Moo (D-Eb)
- No issues. Loved this warm up.
Gentle Start: Vvv Zzz Jshh (Bb-G)
- This was difficult because it had no vowels and the sounds I was supposed to make didn’t exactly lead to an open palate. Naturally, I struggled with this when I got to the higher register. Something tells me I shouldn’t push so hard when doing this exercise.
Getting Warmer: Mooii (Bb-G)
- No issues, as far as I remember
Getting Warmer: Five Note Phrases (C-F#)
- This was a good exercise for practicing the transition from chest to head, then head to chest
Extending the Range: Beautiful Morning Extended (Bb-B)
- This is also a good exercise for practicing transitions, but seeing that it goes up to a High B, it’s essential to keep the breath strong throughout. This was difficult.
Extending the Range: Galloping Arpeggios (Bb-Bb)
- I didn’t get to do this properly because I honestly shrank from it. I started pretty strong though. It’s worth a revisit
Mouth Workout: Letters of the Alphabet (D-G)
- Still as difficult as ever, I’m not gonna lie. I had to resort to my falsetto when I got to the higher register. Higher notes needed more air. Need to practice my breathing!!!
Tuned Up: Fingal’s Cave (Bb-G)
- No issues.
BREATHE BREATHE BREATHE